Welcome To ICI Training!
Here You will find Information about Certified Nursing Assistant classes, schedules, and helpful educational tips. There is also information about job opportunities with our partners located in the Chicago, Illinois and surrounding suburbs.
ICI CNA School News
Winter CNA Program Classes Start Soon for the 2018 Year Schedule!
The Certified Nursing Assistant CNA Schedules are now available for enrollment.
Choosing from Various CNA schedules! We have 4 week CNA classes, 6 week CNA classes, and 10 Week CNA classes that can fit your schedule.
Here is the latest CNA class schedule in Chicago for 2017/18:
WEEKEND CNA CLASSES | 10 Week Course
- Starts: 01/27/2018
WEEKDAY CNA CLASSES | 6 Week Course
- Starts: 01/22/2018
WEEKDAY CNA Classes | 4 Week Course
- Starts: 12/19/2017
Certified Nursing Assistant Responsibilities | Congestive Heart Failure
What are CNA's Roles in Congestive Heart Failure?
CNA's will be encountering various patients that have diseases such as congestive heart failure (CHF). As a CNA, the ability to understand what conditions your patients are suffering from is crucial to their care, and helps you understand the issues that they may suffer from.
What is Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)?
Certified Nursing Assistants must understand what the heart does within the body. The heart is responsible for delivering (pumping) blood throughout the whole body. Blood contains the nutrients and materials necessary to support your body functions. Congestive Heart Failure occurs when the heart is weakened, and cannot pump the blood throughout your body efficiently. This can cause your heart to be enlarged, cause blood to back up within the heart and lungs, and cause numerous issues.
Signs and Symptoms of Congestive Heart Failure CHF
The patient will present with some of the following:
- Crackles and Wheezing in the Lungs
- Difficulty Breathing
- Fluid in the Abdomen
- Weight Gain
- Chest Pain
- Decreased Urine output
Certified Nursing Assistant Duties with Congestive Heart Failure
The CNA may have some of the responsibilities listed below.
- Taking the Patients weight on daily/prescribed basis. Taking a weight on a daily basis might seem a bit much, but when the patient suffers from CHF, significant weight changes may indicate an issue that may need immediate attention.
- Monitoring and checking the patients oxygen levels. This responsibility could be done on a regular basis to ensure that the patients oxygen saturation are within certain parameters.
- Monitoring the patients blood pressure. The patients blood pressure is an indicator that will tell if the patient is within normal parameters. A severe drop or high blood pressure can be detrimental to their health.
- Turning the patient frequently. Making sure that the patient is getting proper circulation, and preventing skin breakdown is an important task.
- Monitoring and noting when the [patient is voiding.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CNA RESPONSIBILITIES AND HEALTH INFORMATION TIPS CLICK HERE!
CNA Employment Opportunities
There are many places that Certified Nursing Assistants can work in the state of Illinois.
Here are a few employers that are looking to hire ICI trained Certified Nursing Assistants.
Warren Barr Gold Coast